Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Response to "No "Burp Back" Education"

Wow, just wow. Dr. Strange hit one of the most annoying things a lot of teacher's do on the head. I have no idea just how many times teacher's have assigned me this section of reading, and then never used it after the next class period. I have always found that group work, discussions/debate's, and activities that actually make me and the other students think about why it is important, rather than just writting it down as a side note of the lecture, are the things I remember and understand the most.

I have to agree completely with Dr. Strange on this subject matter. Part of the reason I want to become a teacher is so that I can give my students the kind of education they deserve, and not so much of the "schooling" that we all recieve. Most of all though I have always thought we need more dedicated educators that do just what Dr. Strange said.

No comments:

Post a Comment