Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Optimism is important

Mr. McClung's blog post about being an Optimist is rather inspiring and truthful. I for one was labeled as a "trouble-maker" and "worthless trash" by some of my teachers, and yet I have succeeded on graduating highschool with a C average; however, I qualified and received a Bay Area Scholorship, got into South Alabama, and have made the Dean's list 3 semester's in a row. Despite what I was told about my future by some educators, I have overcame their expectations. This post goes back to what my previous teacher, Dr. Juarez, taught me about Education as a practice of freedom dreams. If we continue to fill in these simple roles of what a student can or cannot do; we continue a cycle of neglect, racism, and mistreatment of students that has been going on for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment